Welcome to Dot Net Stuff & Tutorials
The .NET Framework is a computing platform developed by Microsoft that allows us application development in the highly distributed environment of the internet. It also allows us to develop windows based application, web services, mobile apps development.
Overview of .NET:-
The .NET Framework's Base Class Library provides user interface, data access, database connectivity, cryptography, web application development, numeric algorithms, and network communications. The .NET Framework has been developed to provide a consistent object-oriented environment to develop applications. It also provides a code execution environment that simplifies deployment and versioning. With the help of .Net a code execution environment that guarantees the safety of the code that is executing.
Features of .Net Framework:-
- Interoperability :- .NET Framework provides means to access functionality implemented in newer and older programs that execute outside .NET environment
- Common Language Runtime :- The Common Language Runtime (CLR) serves as the execution engine of .NET Framework.
- Language independence :- .NET Framework has a component named Common Type System, or CTS. In which all possible datatypes and programming constructs supported by the CLR and how they may or may not interact with each other conforming to the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) specification.
- Base Class Library :- The Base Class Library (BCL) provides classes that encapsulate a number of common functions, including file reading and writing, graphic rendering, database interaction, XML document manipulation.
- Simplified deployment :- .NET Framework includes design features and tools which simplified the installation of computer software.
- Security :- .Net framework provides a common security model for all applications.
- Portability :- .Net Framework is a cross-platform implementations and are available for other operating .This makes it possible for third parties to create compatible implementations of the framework and its languages on other platforms.
History of .Net Framework :-
Following table shows .Net framework release date with version & corresponding development tool.
Why .NET Framework ?
As mentioned above .Net Framework allows us to develop solutions using multiple languages. It is portable & secure in terms of development. It is easy to use for developer and aimed to develop high quality solutions to be delivered across the worlds. .Net framework enables us to delivers best solutions the highly distributed environment of the internet. It also allows us to develop windows based application, web services, mobile apps development.